Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Youthful Celebrity Crush:
Christopher George


Christopher George

While in junior high I had to be in bed by 9pm weeknights, Monday-Thursday. This curfew sorely curtailed my daily television watching as I usually missed some of the shows my classmates –with more lenient parents – would get to watch. For years I didn’t know what “Let’s be careful out there!” meant since I never saw an episode of Hill Street Blues until its syndication.

Friday nights were the nights I could stay up later. While my parents were sleeping I had full access to the living television set. Early Saturday morning about 12:30am, with not much interesting programming --this was before cable TV and Netflix -- I tuned to channel 5 and found the beginning of what looked like a WWII show; titled: Rat Patrol.



Six minutes into the show, I didn’t understand nor care about what this group of soldiers was trying to accomplish, but I sure did like watching the lead actor: Christopher George. This was during my blossoming pubescent descent into womanhood and Christopher’s character, Sgt Troy, was what I now understand to be the literal definition of, what I know now as: The Alpha Male.

I tried to watch every film and TV show starring Christopher George. Not until recently did I know he posed for Playgirl. Sadly, Mr. George died at the young age of 52.


As Sgt. Troy in Rat Patrol 













Before today's women became fearful of male body hair!

Watermelon, Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment